Thursday, March 31, 2011

fear continued.....

January 22,2011 First day of classes

 After all that has happened I had to put on a happy face, my student hat and get on the grind of a college student. It took sometime to get what happened to my cousin in front of my house out my mind, but I did (somewhat). The rhythm of school began to flow and things were all good until...

March 6,2011. My old co-worker and I decided to attend a party in the city but it began to rain, so we decided to attend another party in Oakland. It was my cousin(the one who was shot) sister's party at her house. When we pulled up everyone was outside, when we walked up there was a weird feeling in the atmosphere. You know how they say you can feel people negative energy, it is sooooo true. We walked in the house and me being the social butterfly that I am, I began to open wine bottles and pulled the playing cards out. After about 45minutes I asked my friend did she was to play, she said no I will watch. So a couple of seconds later she started to stare at me, I figured she really did want to play so I asked her again but this time she didn't answer me and just stared at me. I asked her one more time and she did not say a word, so I got out of my seat and got in her face, I called her name and she began to mumble and her body began to jerk!!!. I said " OMG she having a seizure!" I have worked in the medical field so I knew what to do. I turned her on her side and my cousin took over because I began to freak out, I could not believe myself. I stay clam at a gun shooting, but freak out at a seizure, what was really going on.

The police was called and when they arrived she was passed out, it seemed as if she was just sleep. They put oxygen on her face and she began to come to. They asked her several questions and she answered them all wrong, I was scared I thought she had  some brain damage from the lack of oxygen. When we got to the hospital the nurse came and got me I followed her to my friend room, when she seen me she said " Layloni!! what happened?" I told her and she started to cry. She had a head injury two years ago but never had a seizure, this was the first. What was all this for? Was there a reason why I needed to witness these two scary events?. Because I am religious I fasted and prayed for seven day and the answer became clear.

For me Layloni Marshall to be successful in changing the mind of our young people and getting them on the right track I need to be ULTRA STRONG! ( if that's a word) I feel that there is so much I can do and will do for our young people and God had to put  me through certain things to see if I can handle them. Our kids are dealing with so much  stuff that we cant even imagine. But I will be that counselor to help them, and to support them all the way so that they will be able to Maximize their full Potential.

My blog took a slight turn, but I had to get it out!

4 comments:

  1. You told me all of this in class, and reading it again I still can not believe it! I think that it is amazing what you went through, and I definitely feel that there is deeper message as you questioned within all of the tragedies. I know that this will help push you further into helping students, because what I see is that you were meant to be there with your friends. Had you not been there who knows what would of happened? This is a sign showing you that you need to be with students, because if you are not there then who else will be?
    On a side note, you better start coming to class I miss you!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be there from now on! and i miss u too whit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha where are you girl?! Missing you!! Hope you had a great Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wonder how other people in this world see but my upbringing was positive as far as my family but racism was and still is a problem but no matter what like you I continue to move forward and not let anything stand in my way you already know, the world aint all sunshine and rainbows. Its a very mean, and nasty place and no matter how tough you think you are, it'll always beat you if you let it. It's not about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep it moving forward. That's how winning is done..so with that said keep your head up

    ReplyDelete