Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fear

As I try to maximize my potential and focus on becoming a High School Counselor it seems the more I focus the more things happen to discourage me.

I feel like if I can get what's in my head on paper, I can somewhat let it go and continue of my journey, here I go.....

January 22,2011 was a Saturday and two days before the Spring semester began at SFSU. The day was a nice day and I had attended a small BBQ with my friends. I decided to go home early and get some rest for church the next day. Around 9pm my cousin called and said she was coming to my house and spend the night with me because she wanted to attend her church in the morning and I lived closer. 12 midnight rolled around and she came in the house, I was sleep but heard her come in. I guess some time had passed but as you know when your sleep you can never tell.

She came in my room and said she left her phone outside in the car and NEEDED to get it, my first mind told me to say " forget that phone" but I didn't. About a couple of minutes later I hear gun shots and a girl screaming. From that point on everything was in slow motion!!!!!! I ran to the front of the house but did not open the door because I didn't want who ever was shooting to run in my house. In seconds she was running in screaming " They shot me, They shot me!. I went into a calm state, it was only me and her in the house so I knew if I began to freak out so would she. I told her to lay down and stay clam while I call the police she instantly said to me " alright, I just want to talk to my god!" I figured that was the best thing she could do.

The police arrived and she began to tell them what happened " I went to my car and as I was coming back towards the house I was just about to open the gate and  two young boys jumped in front of it and said B%$#@ give me all yo s**t! I told them I didn't have anything and one said she think we playing i should shoot this B**ch, and he did five times." After she finished instant fear came over me, the city that I have lived in all my life has now betrayed me and put fear on my heart. I was disgusted, all that I have witnessed over the years I would never believe that something like especially at the age that I am now would happen. After arriving to the hospital we were told that she would be fine, the bullets didn't hit anything, no bone, no nothing. I left there and had a breakdown, I guess once I knew that she would be fine I was able to breath and release all the built up tears.

January 24,2011 First Day Of Classes WOW!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is a really moving post. I'm not sure if I could have handled it as well as you did. You descirbe it really well, using less words and more emotion. Our biggest fear is losing our loved ones and this story touches on this. What a lucky girl in that she wasn't hurt. While it was unfortunate for the incident to happen, someone was watching down on her and made sure she was okay. Great post.

    ReplyDelete